Well....here we are a mere, what, 19 months before the next Federal Election?
I guess the election season is on us already. Obama is out there starting his campaign, dressing it up with the foundations needed to keep his lies afloat through 18 months of pathetic soft-ball questioning by the main street media. Rumor has it he is practicing his flipping and flopping on a daily basis now....being careful to limber up first lest he injure himself in his rush to appease the voters.
I can just see Obama pacing the halls of the White House in the wee hours of the morning...stopping at every portrait hanging on the walls and seeking inspiration from the faces looking back at him. Unfortunately, he is unable to gain any inspiration from the face staring back since all the portraits have been replaced by his own.
I can hear his low mumbling under his breath as he paces...questioning how this could have happened and what he can do to save his political skin...
"After all, I had the 2012 election in my hand for the taking. I have worked the electorate...I had the votes of powerful and big groups....in fact every person on welfare or some form of government aid will vote for me because they won't risk losing their free money by voting republican. And then there are the unions, bless their magnanimous hearts. Their funds will be channeled directly into my campaigns, the will bus dead people to vote for me, they will sway the electorate with their power and all I have to do is give them a few lousy percent of some car manufacturers that I can steal from bondholders. And then there is the largest group of all...the blacks. They will vote for me because they know the color of skin is FAR more important than content of character. Years of liberal racism has taught them that. Their vote is mine for the taking. And what about the unwed single mothers that are supported through welfare. Their kids are fed because of me. Their vote is mine too. So what went wrong?"
Hey, Obama...I will tell you what went wrong!
Trump spoke up!
Trump called you out!
Trump is pretending to run for President and you bought it!
I use the word pretending because I simply do not believe that The Donald is really going to run. I do not believe that he thinks he can win the Presidency against this (or any other) President.
I believe Trump is way too clever to believe his own BS. I believe he expects that many people will believe him, and will listen to what he is saying. But why would he do this if he has no intention of running?
Could it be for the publicity? I doubt that very much. He is already extremely well known and has little to gain financially through the publicity he engenders this way. Perhaps it is for notoriety? You think his past exploits, the spectacular successes and even more spectacular failures, are not notorious enough?
Nope..that is far too simple.
My theory is this:-
1. Trump truly loves this country and is frustrated at the lack of leadership currently in the White House, and is equally frustrated at the lack of back bone the current crop of conservatives display.
2. He sees several ways to assist conservatives to win back the White House...and he is doing exactly that.
3. By standing up and loudly proclaiming the whole birther issue he is able to wrest that hot potato away from conservative candidates so they do not need to be tarnished by what many people consider a losing proposition, while at the same time applying continual pressure on Obama to release the birth certificate. Continual and unrelenting pressure of this kind will keep Obama wondering what will happen next and could put him off his game...even a small miss-step, a small irritation or angry response, will likely unleash a torrent of unacceptable behaviour from our President. I believe that Trump hopes to apply sufficient pressure that Obama will have a very public meltdown.
4. Trump has shown in recent polls that he is the most popular potential conservative candidate by a long margin. It does not take a genius to understand the reasons for this. He has tapped into some sort of primal drive in the minds and hearts of conservatives who are disgusted by the crop of politicians who cannot lie straight in bed. He speaks loud, clear and in no uncertain terms. He does not pontificate, or wait to see which way the political wind blows. He says what he wants to say. The electorate is crying out for this sort of honesty. What is Trump really doing? He is showing other potential presidential candidates what they must do to win the election. It remains to be seen whether anybody learns from his example or whether it is totally missed by the establishment.
5. The Donald is taking it to the liberals/progressives as hard and as fast as he can. He wants to put a huge target on his own back so that the left spends so much time attacking him and making him the butt of their jokes, that they don't see the danger coming in the form of a highly articulate and populist conservative who will lead by example and follow the Trump doctrine of saying what you mean. This candidate will not be a Romney, Huckabee or McCain. He/she will likely be newer to the scene, responsible to the people and staunchly pro-constitution. THis will be the person that will knock Obama off his pedestal.
Is my crystal ball crazy cracked from too much time in the sun? Maybe. But I think that Trump sees himself as John the Baptist rather than as Jesus Christ. He is preparing the way for the real leader, who he will recognize when he comes.
So ....does Obama fear Trump? I have no doubt that the answer is yes. Not because he expects to campaign against Trump in the next presidential election....not at all. (Obama would love that to happen as it would make it so much easier to win!) No, Obama fears Trump because he understands that Trump is simply preparing the way, and that the real opposition to Obama's continuing presidency has not yet appeared. Obama does not know how to campaign against somebody who has not revealed him/her self. He does not know how to direct attention away from Trump. The media is trying to be dismissive, but the Trump intrigue is too good of a news story.
Yes, Trump will trump Obama, but not by beating him in the polls. He will Trump Obama by preparing the way for the true challenger to succeed.
These are just opinions and may be totally wrong in the fullness of time...but until then, I say...run Trump, run!