Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz...?


I heard about Adam Carolla’s rant against the OWS crowd about a week ago, but thought it was really old news. The Occupy folks were getting their occupied places taken back by the city and were finding themselves begging to be allowed to return to mom’s basement now that they had nowhere else to go.

But you can never rely on intellect to win over stupidity.

They are at it again….this morning I read how they have changed their modus operandi, and were now occupying homes that were in the foreclosure process in the hopes of stopping the foreclosure. Their argument? That these empty homes could house people and therefore the banks should not be selling them out from under the noses of those poor people who have stopped paying the mortgage.

Huh?????

So as I pondered this latest piece of stupidity I thought I would go listen to Adam and see what the fuss was all about.

For those who have tender ears, it is probably not for you…but for those with worldly ears, there turns out to be some real truths openly displayed among the rough language.

You can hear his rant here….

Now, for those who don’t know who Adam is, he is a comedian who used to have a show featuring big breasted girls on trampolines….not really the type of guy you would think was conservative by nature.

And yet here he is discussing in the clearest terms possible, how the money grubbing mindless monsters that are the OWS came to be.

If nothing else, his rant should get your mind ticking over and thinking more carefully about the problems this world faces …and the future we can look forward to should we choose to do nothing.

It aint pretty!

Now…sometimes I just can’t help myself…and I have to read comments by idiots….so I watched this video on Perez Hilton’s gay-assed celebrity site.


After throwing up from the décor on his site, I settled down with a clothes peg pinned to my nose, and started to read the comments made by his readers.

I was shocked…and you have to know, it takes a lot to shock me these days….but this time my heart did a back flip and landed on its head. In this upside down world I expected to find comments calling Capolla an idiot to outnumber his supporters by 3 or 4 to 1. What I found was the opposite….that many more people supported his rant than were opposed to it.

I welcome that sort of surprise every day!

I had to read through a couple of pages of comments before I found one that was truly negative, but had more than the usual four letter words and offers to indulge in peculiar sex acts.


And then I found one which I will repost here….it is VERY enlightening to those of us who actually understand how the world works….

“) He used to be funny. Now he is just a pissed off older guy bitching about everything.
2) Everyone saying "go get a job" how about you try applying for jobs and see how far you can get. It's not that people don't want to work, a lot of them honestly cannot find a job.
3) To the people saying "people want their student loans payed off for them by the government." Other countries automatically offer free education. Why? Well, it probably has to do with wanting intelligent people from their own country to work. They want to educate their citizens so they can compete with other countries in education. People who want to go to college here should have the opportunity.
4) The Rich should have to pay more taxes. How many fancy cars and homes do they need? They should be willing to pay a bit more so it can go back into the community. Everyone here deserves education, health care and things other great countries have.”

OK…so let’s go through this post and see how right (or wrong) this person is.

“He used to be funny. Now he is just a pissed off older guy bitching about everything.”

Really…actually, I never really found him to be funny, but I understand that humor, like politics, is a game where some people like it and others don’t. But don’t you find it odd that he “used to be funny”…I wonder what changed? The hint is in the next line…””a pissed off older guy”….ahhhh….that implies that he may have matured as he aged. Maybe he doesn’t find boobs on trampolines as funny as a college dropout does now? I don’t know how OLD this youngster is…maybe late 30’s or early 40’s? Maybe he has learned a thing or two in his life…or maybe he has always been a conservative. Or maybe the stupid person who wrote this post supports OWS coz girls with big tits could run around naked there?

Who knows…but from one pissed off older guy to another…I say to Adam…”Well played, young man, well played!”

Now we can get to the serious stuff….
“Everyone saying "go get a job" how about you try applying for jobs and see how far you can get. It's not that people don't want to work, a lot of them honestly cannot find a job.”

To the person who posted this garbage, I will throw out a challenge. Let’s the two of us line up in a race…and see who can get a job the fastest. I will let you use your computer, a cell phone…anything you want or need. I will not use anything like that….

…and while you are sitting at home in your underwear, writing resumes and sending them to strangers begging for work….I will knock on doors until my knuckles bleed…and then knock some more. I will work for nothing cleaning floors, sweeping car parks…doing anything to get noticed…and I guarantee I will have a job before you…and probably in less than 48 hours!

Aaaaaahhhhh…I hear you say….”I don’t want that type of job? I want a job that pays well, after all I have a degree in The Common Usage of Mediaeval English Words….I won’t flip burgers for minimum wage!!”

OK…then I suggest you go back and study more of those words…cause you are f****d (I am sure you know the meaning and common usages of that Mediaeval word!)….maybe instead of going into debt with student loans to get a degree that nobody cares about, you should have studied science, or engineering, or business? Even then you still start at the bottom. Morons!

Look, the economy sucks. I get it. But the only people who cannot get a job are the ones who are not prepared to do what the available jobs demand. And most jobs available today are not ones you will find online. If anybody really wants to get a job, they can….but there is no guarantee that they will like it, want it or enjoy it. As I said…I believe I can land a job in under 48 hours….so what is stopping these idiots?

“To the people saying "people want their student loans payed off for them by the government." Other countries automatically offer free education. Why? Well, it probably has to do with wanting intelligent people from their own country to work. They want to educate their citizens so they can compete with other countries in education. People who want to go to college here should have the opportunity.”

I can’t actually think of any countries that offer free education…except the European countries that are facing bankruptcy. I wonder why that is? And why should WE care about what other countries do? Sure, we should be open to new ideas….but when new ideas tried somewhere else lead to massive failure, why should we do the same? And thirdly….what does that have to do with people wanting the government to bail them out of their student loans?

This person is truly insane…s/he is arguing that because other countries provide free information, the government here (ie. The taxpayer) should forgive student loans here? My head hurts as I try to understand this logic. Yes, taxpayers elsewhere pay for education…and the country goes bankrupt. Is that what this person wants in America? Or more than likely, s/he has no idea where the government money comes from.

Time for some Tylenol on this one!

And then finally we get this….
“The Rich should have to pay more taxes. How many fancy cars and homes do they need? They should be willing to pay a bit more so it can go back into the community. Everyone here deserves education, health care and things other great countries have.””

This person buys the crap that Obama is selling. What is really sad about this is that s/he doesn’t know that it is her very future that Obama is selling down the river.

I assume this was a young person….if it is an older person, their education both formally and informally, is lacking substance. But as a young person, she is one of the addicted….not understanding that taking from anyone, including the rich, to feed her entitlement habit, will ultimately destroy this country, taking her along with everyone else toward oblivion.

The saddest thing is that she and her fellow believers are the least able to cope when the collapse happens…she will be least prepared, least able to find food and clothing and shelter, least able to protect herself.

Her reliance on gubbermint has already screwed her up so bad she doesn’t see what she is calling for.

Please sir, can I have some more?

Please sir…give me an education (would like that with a doctorate or a masters?)…

Please sir…..give me health care (the red pill makes you big, and the blue pill makes you pretty….but you can’t have both….please choose)

Please sir…can I have what he has?

As the late Janis Joplin sang…

“Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
……….Janis Joplin, 1968
Sound familiar?

“Obama won’t you buy me a 5 bedroom house
My friends all have mansions, I’m poor as a mouse
Worked hard on the sofa watching re-runs of mash
Obama, wont you buy me a 5 bedroom house

Obama won’t you get me a free abortion
My boyfriends in jail…and I already have 3
With three different daddy’s these kids have no chance
Obama…an abortion and a 5 bedroom house”

Ok…so I am no lyrics writer but you get the story….Adam Corolla was 100% right…we have created a nation of monsters who lay around with their hands out waiting for someone to take care of them.

It’s time.

It’s time for these children to stand on their own feet.

It’s time for us adults to show them the way.

It’s time for Obama to go!

…..devereaux

No comments:

Post a Comment