Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Say what? The President gets additional income?

 “I don’t support it if I am able to keep hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional income that I don’t need, while, uh, a parent out there who is struggling to figure out how to send their kid to college suddenly finds, uh, that they’ve got a couple thousand dollars less in grants or student loans.”

I know you know who said this, right? Well, I want you to remember it because it is a very clear indicator of what this bozo has in store for all of us in the near future.

If you don't know who said t, and the "uh"s don't give you a clue, it was Obama in reference to a possible deal to fix the debt ceiling problem.

I know I have spoken of this before, but honestly, the above quote is too good to let pass.... :)

Why is it so good?

Read on.

Let me dissect this quote into some very simple elements:-

1. he won't support a deal if it allows him to keep hundreds of thousand of dollars in additional income he doesn't need?

Let me get this straight....he uses the word "allow" here on purpose. It is a message that the government has all the control and the government will decide what it will ALLOW you to keep.

He said it.. ".allowed to keep".

I don't know about you, but I do not recall when I decided to give the government complete control over me. Every dollar I earn comes from the sweat of my brow. Every dollar I earn, is at the cost of a few heartbeats. We only have so many heartbeats in our life, so every dollar I earn is a negotiation between what portion of my life I am prepared to give up in exchange for that dollar. When the Government has the power to determine how many of those heartbeats I consume will result in dollars I can keep, my freedom has gone. Totally gone. In the past we have heard politicians talk in terms of paying taxes and giving the government the funds to operate....but I do not recall a President ever brazenly stating what the intent is...that the Government will ALLOW you to keep what it deems fair.

Who the hell are you Obama to tell me what you will ALLOW me to keep?

Next is the hundreds of thousands of dollars of additional income? What is this fool talking about? What additional income is he getting out of this debt ceiling deal? Where is this additional income coming from? Or, is he just starting to lie again and is starting to change the meaning of words? Just like he has transformed spending into investment, he is now trying to transform money that the government doesn't take into additional income. There is NO additional income. It is the same income you had before the debt ceiling deal...but now it has miraculously become "additional income".

Obama, you lie!

Now for the part about what he needs or doesn't need. He states he has hundreds of thousands of dollars he doesn't need. Well, good for him! There is no reason in the world that he can't use the money he doesn't need to make a voluntary donation to the government, or to charitable organisations etc. He does that right? Maybe he has chosen to not get the Presidential pay package, since he has hundreds of thousands of dollars he doesn't need? He does that?  No?

Hmmm....so, if he doesn't need it, and yet he keeps it, doesn't that make him the very person he rails against so much? The millionaires and billionaires who are just too greedy?

Yep...Obama, your hypocrisy is showing yet again!

2) "while, uh, a parent out there who is struggling to figure out how to send their kid to college suddenly finds, uh, that they’ve got a couple thousand dollars less in grants or student loans." 

So, Obama has now tied his hundreds of thousands of dollars he doesn't need to a parent trying to send their kid to college.

Why?

There is only one reason...because we all want to be able to provide a great education to our kids, and this is the emotional tie that the Deceiver-in- Chief must sell to be able to make sense of his whole argument.

It would not be so effective if it were stated like this:-

- while is needed by researchers at the University of California at Irvine so that they can play video games such as World of Warcraft.  The goal of this "video game research" is reportedly to study how "emerging forms of communication, including multiplayer computer games and online virtual worlds such as World of Warcraft and Second Life can help organizations collaborate and compete more effectively in the global marketplace."

- while the University of New Hampshire needs $700,000 this year to study methane gas emissions from dairy cows.

- while $615,000 was needed by the University of California at Santa Cruz to digitize photos, T-shirts and concert tickets belonging to the Grateful Dead.

- while a professor at Stanford University needed $239,100 to study how Americans use the Internet to find love.  So far one of the key findings of this "research" is that the Internet is a safer and more discreet way to find same-sex partners.

- while the National Science Foundation needs $216,000 to study whether or not politicians "gain or lose support by taking ambiguous positions."

- while the National Institutes of Health needed approximately $442,340 to study the behavior of male prostitutes in Vietnam.

- while approximately $1 million of U.S. taxpayer money was needed to create poetry for the Little Rock, New Orleans, Milwaukee and Chicago zoos.  The goal of the "poetry" is to help raise awareness on environmental issues.

- while the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs needed $175 million during 2010 to maintain hundreds of buildings that it does not even use.  This includes a pink, octagonal monkey house in the city of Dayton, Ohio.

- while $1.8 million of U.S. taxpayer dollars was needed for a "museum of neon signs" in Las Vegas, Nevada.

- while $35 million was reportedly paid out by Medicare to 118 "phantom" medical clinics that never even existed.  Apparently these "phantom" medical clinics were established by a network of criminal gangs as a way to defraud the U.S. government.

Nope...none of those examples will tug at the heart, yet they are just a small list of the waste that government does with YOUR money!

As I said yesterday, this man is evil. His lies and misrepresentations are nothing more than bullying tactics to get you to accept the damning route he has planned for this country.

SO now, we hear that if the ceiling is not increased, social security payments may not go out. We do not hear anything about cutting absolutely wasteful spending like that listed above.

Nope. It is the seniors who will get screwed.

The Republicans need to play this out and not allow the bullying tactics and lies to succeed.

Do they have the strength? I don't know.

I DO know that this has to stop.

The quote I started this article with is the clearest indication yet that this President and his liberal followers want to control you, control everything you do, everything you say and if they could, everything you think.

Your work ethic is useful to them only because they can take what is yours and give it someone whose work ethic is less than yours.

Hey Mr. President, how about promising to cut waste instead of using scare tactics on our elderly? You are nothing but a cheap Chicago thug....and they are a dime a dozen...but in your case I would ask for change because you are not worth 1/12th of a dime!!

Stupid is as stupid says.

.....devereaux














6 comments:

  1. You are fabulous; your posts make me happy. If I wasn't already married to the conservative of my dreams, I would be in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I write mainly to express my own thoughts and opinions...I find it to be helpful to clear my head from the stupidity that surrounds us. When I hear that people appreciate my ramblings, it is very pleasing.

    I am glad you have found the conservative of your dreams.... :) It could have become very awkward had you not, as I too have found the conservative of my dreams.

    I hope all my readers are able to enjoy the freedoms and joys of being with a conservative partner..... :)

    .....devereaux

    ReplyDelete
  3. I intend to quote a portion of this in my next blog post. Please let me know if you don't want me to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to use anything I write...all I ask is that you attribute it to me and include a link to my post. I also ask that people do not attribute to me anything that I have not written. Common sense, really.

    With those simple rules, I encourage all my readers to re-post wherever they would like.

    ....devereaux

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI, Here's where I quoted you: http://whyimconservative.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/money-freedom-part-3/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed that article...you nailed how government not only tells you how much money you can keep, but also tells you what you can and can't spend it on.

    .....devereaux

    ReplyDelete